The doctor called with the lab results yesterday. The left side is benign and the right side is stage II breast cancer. So really, the lab results just confirm what the doctor was thinking. It's "run of the mill" breast cancer, not the fast-growing, scary kind.
I go in at 7 a.m. next Wednesday with dh to meet with the surgeon and find out the treatment options. It's a really early appt because the surgeon was pretty booked up next week, but wanted to get me in. Dh and I will drop off the boys at the home of a family in our fellowship group. Our friends will serve them breakfast along with their boys and then the dc will play until we pick them up.
On Thursday of next week I have a 9:45 a.m. appt with a different surgeon for a second opinion of treatment, etc. Spiff will be at a summer day camp and I still have to figure out where I'm going to drop off Entropy Boy. I have a couple of people I can ask, however, and I'm sure it won't be a problem.
One of the pastors is going to announce it to the church this weekend so that they can all be praying. Right now it's pretty much stayed among the elders and their families and the mercy ministry. Our church family has been wonderful and we have been so blessed by them.
Your prayers have been so felt. God has been so amazing! Psychologically and emotionally I'm doing really fine (either that, or I'm in denial and it's a wonderful place to be). It is a testimony to God's faithfulness and strength. A friend from church told me today that she'd be more upset, but I seem to be really calm about it all. Since I am, she is. I warned her I'll likely be a big baby during treatment, but I'm ok now.

I covet all of your prayers and thank you for all of them so far. This was going to be a short update, but it got really long!
In response to a New Hampshire friend offering to help:
So far there has been nothing to help with--the boys were at soccer camp/VBS all week and dh was home, so I've actually had a restful week physically. I have Ambien to take at night if I need it. It makes the whole world seem like a cubist painting within 15 minutes of taking it. I sleep like a rock.
No comments:
Post a Comment