Monday, August 18, 2008

I am radioactive

Posted on Sonlight's Forums on August 7, 2008

So far today I've had a radioactive injection for a bone scan; three hours later I had the actual bone scan (no moving for 30 minutes!). Then I had two AWFUL barium drinks for my CT scan. Completely, totally, disgustingly awful. I wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything after noon, and it's nearly 4:30 now. I was hungry until the barium drinks, but no longer. Now I'm just shuddering from the aftertaste.

I'll have my CT scan sometime after 5 pm. The barium needs to work through my system for an hour, and then the CT scan only takes about 5 minutes. Then we will go an relieve the dear young woman who has been watching our boys since 11 this morning.

I wonder if I will glow in the dark tonight?

4 comments:

Joe said...

Nope. She didn't. What a disappointment.

Sandy said...

I would have kept you up all night, and not in a nice way. ;-)

Kylie said...

LOL

Kristy said...

Well, Sandy, we've always known that you're hot stuff. :)