Sunday, August 31, 2008

Check out the New Map!

If you've met us, you know that Sandy is by far the more personable half of the couple and through the years she's developed friends across the country and even the world. (I always figured that if something happened to me the impact would be rather small--all of my friends could share the same cab :-)

We tried to add a visit counter to the blog, but Sandy said it didn't seem to be working. After doing a bit of checking, I found that Blogger has a widget that allows you to track your visitors' locations. I'm going to test it for a while and see how it affects performance. So, scroll down and look at just how far-ranging her network of friends really is!

UPDATE: 9/1/08

I'm not sure this map is working well--here are some places I *know* we should be seeing that aren't there. I'm going to add anothser one or two maps for a couple of days a comparison. Sorry if it affects load times. We'll settle on one soon. I kind of like the spinning globe.

--Joe

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That is really neat!

Must be very affirming.

A whole lot more affirming than Laura Croft's butt. Which is undoubtedly firm due to being 100% artificial. I don't like her.

The Mac's said...

I agree with Sandra - too perky. Glad to hear Joe's report tonight. Thanks for calling back and glad things are going okay. Your cousins asked about you tonight, Sandra - Erin & Nikki. Their boys are growing up too. All those second cousins would have a ball together - five little boys around the same age.
Now it's time to think about bed - the wind today has been atrocious and it takes a lot out of a person sitting around just eating and doing nothing at the lake. Have a good night.

The Hayes Zoo said...

Hey Sandy -

You're so right even WITH the valium. Lara Croft is why I have a complex.
Anyway..........

I love the map!! But I'm not on it!! I want to extend your 'area'. :) Mexico is here, Mexico is here!!!

Will be praying for you!!!!

Trish said...

I really am checking into your blog, honest . . . but my computer system is such that I am automatically placed in Maryland (because that is where the satellite's home is).

Just remember that Germantown, MD is really a small place in Western Honduras, and we'll all be accounted for!

Glad to hear things are moving along so well.

Joe said...

Trish: actually, it was the lack of flags in the Honduras and Australia that made me think there was a problem with the map widget. It looks like the other two I've added aren't any better,though.