Monday, August 25, 2008

My To-Do List

I'm counting down in hours now instead of days.

The house is cleaned up and the laundry is all done. I still need to make a list of to-dos and cleaning supplies. Someone from our small group is blessing us with a cleaning woman to come in every two weeks and I have to figure out my top priorities.

My bag is not packed. I need to figure out which bag I'm going to use--I don't think I want to have a carry-on suitcase because that seems like overkill for a (hopefully) overnight hospital stay.

A friend from church handed me a bag on Sunday. Two novels (one Agatha Christie!), her copy of the Pride and Prejudice DVDs, some back issues women's magazines for me, and a bunch of back issues of Scientific American for dh. It totally touched my heart. So between the magazines, a DS from a co-worker, the WiFi at the hospital, and a knitting buddy from church who works at Yale Hospital offering to help him find the best coffee and food, Joe is set.

I need to make a list of assignments for the substitute teacher. The wonderful young woman who is taking care of our kids is a middle-school music teacher IRL. Her school doesn't start until Tuesday, so she's getting her classroom ready early in the week and then taking care of our kids all day Wednesday and part of the day Thursday. She said she was willing to work through the boys' assignments with them. They'll probably go to the lake in the afternoons. They will be in such good hands!

I need to make sure we have quick and easy lunch and snack fixings for Wednesday and Thursday. Our small group is providing meals on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. We'll eat leftovers on Sunday. Monday a new rotation of meals will start.

I feel like I'm forgetting things. What else do I need to do before surgery?

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Sandy,
Have been reading your posts.
Sounds as if your getting everything set.
You are in our thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours.
I know of 3 gals that have had bc
one even had level 4 and she is back at work again going strong.
All are in remission. Twilla had it twice and both times came out ahead..
You are in good hands. Will be a tough road but you will make it thru it..God only gives us what we can handle then adds on a little more. He is in your corner as we all are.
Stay strong.
Love ya kiddo,
Auntie Laurie

Cheryllee said...

Sandy,
I am praying for you!
God is with you every step of the way.

Love,
Cheryl

"Nick" said...

We're praying for you guys...