Not only did I forget my list of things to blog, I'm finally starting to grow weary. EB came in at 6:00 a.m. asking if he could play on the computer. I told him to climb into bed with me and rest for a while. I don't think he actually slept--every 15 minutes or so he'd wake me and ask if it was time to get up yet. I finally gave up and we got out of bed around 7:00. I'll try to write a couple of quick updates this afternoon and catch up on the serious writing tonight.
They brought in a new roommate last night: A woman in her 80's who fractured her shoulder in a fall. She was in pain and made a lot of noise so Sandy didn't sleep well last night. Today, she's very loud and is having trouble adjusting to the situation here. It seems like she's used to being in control and now she is adjusting to not being in control. It's been interesting to watch people dealing with not being in control of their situation here in the ICU over the last few days. Perhaps a medical professional has a few thoughts about how people react to these situations to share in the comments?
Sandy was awake when I arrived today and was very excited to see the new computer. I got it setup and she immediately began catching up reading. During lunch (she had chicken-salad today) they moved noisy-woman out for some physical therapy, so Sandy took advantage of the quiet to catch a nap. JB sent some photos of the boys from the last few days. I set them up as a slideshow on her computer to surprise her when she awoke.
Noisy-woman came back, Sandy woke up, and has been watching the pictures along with some quiet music for the last half-hour.
If she's going to stay the night, we'll probably bring the boys by to see her. They all miss each other so much!
We're continually being amazed and humbled by the support we're receiving from our church. The women are arranging someone to visit with her daily just to keep her company and help with little tasks. We're also going to be receiving meals for a while longer, too. Thank you all so much!
2 comments:
Thanks for your continued, faithful updates, Joe. I've read every one of them. :)
Natalie in TX from SL
Thank God for the church, huh?
I guess He knew what He was doing when He set that thing up.
There is no doubt in my mind that were I there, I'd come sit and just hang out with you guys, Sandy and Joe, to do whatever little thing you might need, or at the very least, to cook a little something for your family: from my purple kitchen to yours.
Angels are hovering near you. I KNOW this. I have put in a request for such.
Love,
Post a Comment