The boys were so excited to hear that mom was coming home! We did a quick cleanup and Entropy Boy had us hang some "artwork" so mom could see it when she got home.
Everything went well when we arrived at the hospital. They were quiet, well-behaved, and didn't seem at all concerned that mom was missing the "pillows" on her chest or had hoses sticking out of her. We didn't have much trouble getting her into the car or up the stairs at the house as long as we took things slowly.
The surgery stage of the disease was now over and we were moving on to home care. Entropy Boy helped me set up a nest of pillows on the couch and we settled her in. I heated the meals which GW and LS had provided (thank you!), she caught up on correspondence, and I washed her hair for the first time since Tuesday.
Finally, we settled her back on the couch and both took naps. The last few days must have drained me more than I thought--I slept for 3 hours before Spiff woke me asking for dinner.
Overall, She's able to move around and take care of herself without too much pain. We're currently on a 4-hour schedule with the pain meds and I'm not really looking forward to the 2:15 dose. A visiting nurse will be stopping by for the next few days just to make sure everything is o.k.
No comments:
Post a Comment