Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Valium Moment

Yesterday afternoon, I picked up a Tomb Raider video game so I'd have something to do during the times I had to be awake but wasn't alert enough to read or write.

Sandy had taken her evening round of medication and was drifting off to sleep; the boys were playing upstairs, and I decided to give the game a try. As I was settling in, I heard her voice behind me:

(s): Those aren't real

(me): What?

(s): They're not hers, they're too big.

(me): Uhh...I'm playing a game, it's not a movie

(s): They're so perky...they just don't fit on her body

(me): Well, look at her tummy. Maybe they did the one where they used the belly fat.

(s): (smiling) oooh kkkk....

Lucky for me, she drifted back to sleep. I'm not sure how I would have explained Lara Croft's butt.

No comments: