Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday - Late Afternoon Update

Sandy was still sleeping after I finished lunch, so I went to the family waiting area (the noisy crowded one from last night). A woman had left her bags in the room, but there was no one there. I turned off the loud television and settled into a bit of reading. After a while she came back and turned on the tv. We gave each other dirty looks--she to me: "how dare you turn off my tv?" and I to her: "how dare you turn on the tv"--and I resigned myself to listening to afternoon soaps for a while.

When I returned to the room, ATV-girl had removed her neck brace, pulled out the IV and checked herself out "against medical advice". Sandy now has the room to herself for a while. We went for a walk around the ICU. She's moving around pretty well as long as she doesn't swing her arms.

MM and the boys called. Spiff was very excited because a package had arrived with their names on it! (Last week she ordered something from the Popcorn Shop to be delivered today. ) They wished each other well and the nurse came to empty her drains.

He said that the drains looked good, one of the four may be ready to come out soon, and encouraged her to keep blowing on the hookah. It evidently helps prevent fluid build-up in the lungs.

Tonight she ordered comfort food for dinner: Meatloaf with gravy, mashed potatoes butter, green beans gingerale and apple crisp. As we wait for it to arrive, she enjoyed the Nintendo DS that DR loaned us until the medication eventually made it hard to play Word-johng. She's now resting again. I was tempted to in a paint program to see what she'd draw.

Our pastor is visiting soon, so I'll post again later.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Sandy & Joe, you're both troopers; tough to the core. Our entire family as well members of our church are praying for a positive outcome and speedy recovery. Maintain your positive attitude God's grace will take care of the rest. We love you and stand ready to help in any way we can. Thanks for the updates.
Love...Dad & Bev