Saturday, August 30, 2008

Saturday Morning

7:00 a.m.
Sandy just called. She slept well and it looks like she'll be discharged this morning!! More news soon.

8:30 Update

We talked again and she said the hospital is preparing the paperwork. I had the boys shower, put on clean underwear (I'm starting to understand how this works), and dig out the Nintendo DSes. We'll be heading out soon.

Last night was Spiff's turn to feel a little insecure, so I put him in our bed. When I woke up at 6:00, I found that Entropy Boy and the cat had made their way in too. Well, at least no one had a piggy stolen from the shed.

I'll make sure someone posts something when we get home, but I've already turned off the phone. The last thing we need today is the usual round of telemarketing calls.

10 comments:

Florie said...

Praise God!

It will feel SO good to be home and with you and the boys again! A loving family is good medicine.

Keep on healing and I'll see Sandy and the boys on Wednesday.

Call if you need ANYTHING before then,
Florie

Unknown said...

Woot! Woot!

Thank You, Jesus for rest, and for going HOME!!!

The Mac's said...

Yea! She's coming home! Hope all goes well - we'll be gone for the day but will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers. Will check in when we get home tonight. Love to all --

Jodi said...

Woo hoo! So glad to hear you'll be going home today! Will continue to keep you in our prayers!

Margaret said...

Hurrah!!!!

MERRITT FAMILY: said...

Hello! I'm just another Sonlight friend whom you've not officially met...yet! :-) We are overseas in SE Asia, so I can pray while you are sleeping!

I'm so touched by your blog posts. Thanks for sharing this uphill climb with us. Thanks for just being real. Thanks for trusting in the dark. The Lord's light is truly shining from all of you.

I'm joining in the prayer brigade...signing up for prayer duty.

love in Christ,

shelley merritt.

Boyd Evert said...

Welcome home! We are praying for peace and rest and for a full recovery.

God bless,

Angie and Boyd

“As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD by failing to pray for you.” 1Sam 12:23

Anonymous said...

Yippee!! I'm sure you'll feel so much better at home with the boyz and Joe around.

Thanks Joe for all your updates...you sound like Scott, he LOVED hospital food too...eesh!

Take care Sandy and don't over do it (I'm sure you haven't heard that one yet :-) )

Love,
the macjrs.

"Nick" said...

Amen! Been praying, and will continue to pray for a full, quick and easy recovery... and no pain.

Kristy said...

Yay! There's no place like home and I imagine you'll all be so much more settled in together back at home.

Praying for ya'll,
Kristy Lamb