7:30 p.m.
When I got upstairs, she hadn't yet been moved and the nurses directed me to the "family" waiting area. The three rooms were overrun with families (it looks like one of whom had brought in a big spread of dinner) so I found a quiet spot on a hallway window to catch up on my calls and writing.
Two windows down, a little girl EB's age is playing finger games with her grandmother while they wait for someone they love. A little while ago, I said a quiet prayer for them and felt an overwhelming sense of compassion for the girl, grandma, and all the other people who were anonymously sharing this day, and a day of their own stories, with me. Even for the loud cell-phone talkers.
I called home and talked to each boy, telling them that mom was out of surgery and doing well. They might want to have her stay an extra day or two, just to make sure everything was o.k., but there was nothing to worry about. Hearing MM's stories about their day made her happy and she can't wait to be home with them again.
MM is getting them ready for bed now and has a couple of bedtime stories picked out. Spiff gets to be the story reader.
Gotta go now, someone just came to take me to the ICU. Finally, we get to be together again!
3 comments:
Sandra (and Joe and kids!),
Just got the link to your blog from your Mom (via my Mom) the other day, and wanted to tell you that you're being prayed for all the way up here in Nort' Dakota, ya know.
I'm amazed and awed by the courage and grace you're showing. God has truly blessed all of you with incredible attitudes and hearts. I'll keep praying; Sandra, you keep healing.
Your "little" Godsis, Jenn
Hey Joe-
You've had such a long day- be sure & take care of YOU, too. B & I went to Chinese & shopping to distract Mom, but we couldn't help but keep talking about it & wondering. Then, Mom forgot to bring the cell phone in with her somewhere & we missed Dad's call. I called him since we were heading home, & you've got to give her credit- mom didn't cry when I told her about the lymph nodes- but I think she about drew blood biting her lip... We'll all keep praying even harder & know San will just fight that much harder- we're stubborn German-Scot-Bohunks & don't give up that easy!
Love to all- Amy, Dion & girls
Still praying.
This 'bump' will just bring greater glory to God!
What a trooper you all are!
love and gentle hugs, Sandy.
love, Lizzy
Post a Comment