Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Surgery Complete

5:15 p.m.

I just talked with the plastic surgeon. His part also went well--the expanders are in and she has a total of 4 drains, two on each side. They'll probably be in for 7 to 14 days.

Because the surgery was so extensive, he said that her plan to go home tomorrow were a bit optimistic. She'll probably need two days in the hospital to get the pain under control before she can return home. I passed the news on to her family and then called MM who again reassured me that she'd have no problem helping us over the next couple of days. She said the boys are having fun playing in the yard--The Clone Trooper costume that Spiff ordered off of Amazon arrived today and they're on the jungle gym saving the neighborhood from the Dark Side. (I'll try to get a picture up tomorrow.)

In another hour and a half, I should be able to see her in the recovery room.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Thanks again for the updates, Joe. I'm continuing to pray. I like enjoyed your humor in the mundane stuff like the TV shows. :)

Natalie (a friend from SL)

Trish said...

Still praying down here, Joe. Thanks so much for your updates!

Margaret said...

Thank you for the updates, Joe. I'm praying. My 17yo daughter happened upon Sandy's blog, which I'd left open on my computer - checking updates. She read the entire blog and was so inspired, so blessed. She's facing her own health challenges right now - so it was a timely "coincidence". Please thank Sandy for me, for sharing her journey, for sharing God's work through the journey.

Unknown said...

Praying that Sandy's pain will be managed effectively, and that all cancer was removed.