Thursday, August 28, 2008

Visiting Hours

Not wanting to disappoint her by being late, I arrived for the 11:00 start of visiting hours by 10:57. Sandy was awake, alert, and didn't seem to be in much pain. My biggest concern now is that her head is full of ideas after spending a morning watching HGTV.

We've spent the last half hour reading emails and blog comments. They're changing some dressings now, but she wants to post something soon; cross posting to both the blog and SL.

After the boys finish their schoolwork, MM plans to take them swimming at a friend's lake. LS from church contacted us about bringing dinner. The church is really surrounding us with help and love. Thank you!

2 comments:

The Hayes Zoo said...

Tell Sandy I'm praying for her the rest of you!! Especially her support staff aka the hospital people.

And as far as TV - just keep her away from all those soap operas!!

abrazos!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Sandy/Punkin and Joe, I am not very good with words these days, must have something to do with being 45 years old and moving from Texas to Connecticut 5 weeks ago . . .serious loss of brain cells. . . LOL!!!;but, I wanted to let y'all know that y'all have been in my daily prayers and in my thoughts ever since Punkin told us about her diagnosis. I have read every post on your blog. Although I have not been posting comments, I have been in awe of both of you. You are both so good at writing about this journey. I have laughed and I have bawled my eyes out after reading your posts. Thank you for including us in your journey. Punkin, I am only an hour away, in Mystic, please, please, please, if you think of anything that I can do for you or for your family, call me or email. I will be there, with bells on. Hugs and Prayers . . . Laure/Tig