Today was our first full day home after the surgery.
Last night I tried to wash her hair in the kitchen sink without a lot of success: sure her hair got wet, but so did her clothes, the counters, and the floor. When we were done I did my best to brush it but since I'd never learned to "curl under the bangs", she wound up with the look (and demeanor) of a wet cat.
This morning, just as I was about to leave for church, she felt well enough to take her first shower since Tuesday. Taking turns holding the drains we managed to get everything washed, dried and bandaged up again. It was easy to get her dressed because she'd bought hospital pajamas before the surgery. We highly recommend them, if you wind up providing care at home.
Entropy Boy and I went to church and caught up with all of our friends. Spiff stayed home and took care of mom, making sure she had everything she needed to be comfortable. After church, HW stopped by with a wonderful meal and we talked a bit.
She spent the rest of the day napping, watching cartoons with Entropy Boy and catching up on reading her forums and blogs. We made it through our first day. It's good to be back to family life again.
2 comments:
Hi Sandy,
It's so good to get these updates from you both. I'm so happy that you're home (and I hope resting well each day, not overdoing), got to have your hair washed (what's a little water?...but he does need to learn how to do the bangs) and that your boys are doing well! So very glad and I'll continue to pray.
Angie
Where did you get your hospital pj's? Just trying to make a list a resources for my own "adventure."
Post a Comment